| Email Us | Phone: 1.877.771.6742
Chromium (VI) - Construction
OSHA Training Requirements - Chromium (VI) - Construction
This website is not the official or final authority to determine OSHA compliance responsibilities, which are set forth in OSHA standards themselves, and the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970. Because OSHA regulations are constantly being added, deleted, and/or revised, you must not rely on this website as the official or final authority of OSHA training requirements; refer to the official OSHA regulations available on OSHA’s website (osha.gov). - See disclaimers.
1926.1126 - Chromium (VI)
(d) – Exposure determination.
(4) - Employee notification of determination results.
(i) - Within 5 work days after making an exposure determination in accordance with paragraph (d)(2) or paragraph (d)(3) of this section, the employer shall individually notify each affected employee in writing of the results of that determination or post the results in an appropriate location accessible to all affected employees.
(6) - Observation of monitoring.
(i) - Where air monitoring is performed to comply with the requirements of this section, the employer shall provide affected employees or their designated representatives an opportunity to observe any monitoring of employee exposure to chromium (VI).
(f) – Respiratory Protection
(2) - Respiratory protection program. Where respirator use is required by this section, the employer shall institute a respiratory protection program in accordance with § 1910.134, which covers each employee required to use a respirator.
(g) – Protective work clothing and equipment.
(3) – Cleaning and replacement.
(iii) - The employer shall inform any person who launders or cleans protective clothing or equipment contaminated with chromium (VI) of the potentially harmful effects of exposure to chromium (VI) and that the clothing and equipment should be laundered or cleaned in a manner that minimizes skin or eye contact with chromium (VI) and effectively prevents the release of airborne chromium (VI) in excess of the PEL.
(j) - Communication of chromium (VI) hazards to employees.
(1) - General. In addition to the requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200, employers shall comply with the following requirements.
(2) - Employee information and training.
(i) - The employer shall ensure that each employee can demonstrate knowledge of at least the following:
(A) - The contents of this section; and
(B) - The purpose and a description of the medical surveillance program required by paragraph (i) of this section.
(ii) - The employer shall make a copy of this section readily available without cost to all affected employees.