Confined Space Training
OSHA confined space entry standards for general industry [1910.146] and their new confined spaces for construction standard [1926.1200] require companies and organizations to implement a confined space entry program if their employees will enter permit-required confined spaces. A major element of a confined space program is providing confined space training for all employees involved in confined space entry work; that includes the entrant(s), attendant, and the entry supervisor.
Have a qualified instructor conduct confined space training at your site for your group (weekday or weekend). This service is available to employers located anywhere in the United States and territories (P.R., USVI, Guam). We also offer a comprehensive online confined space training course that you can start right away, as well as training videos/DVD's and materials for do-it-yourself confined space trainers to use in-house.
Topics covered in this 6 to 7 hour confined space entry class include:
- Overview of OSHA's permit-required confined space entry standards (general industry or construction)
- OSHA definitions of key terms
- Health and safety hazards associated with confined space work
- Identifying which confined spaces are permit-required
- OSHA requirements for reclassification of permit spaces to non-permit
- OSHA's alternate entry procedures for select permit-required confined spaces
- Signage requirements
- Elements of a written confined space entry program
- The entry permit
- Duties of entrants, attendants and entry supervisors
- Confined rescue requirements
- OSHA requirements for dealing with on-site contractors
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Identifying and measuring atmospheric hazards
- Ventilation techniques
. . . and more
All trainees for the on site class receive a manual, note packet, and certificate of completion, and the training class is documented to meet OSHA certification requirements for confined space training. The online confined space training class also comes with a notes packet and personalized certificate of completion that the student (or employer) can print upon sucessful completion of the course.